When you’re done making your personalized diamond painting, filling every single diamond, the next step to take is to seal up your art to perfection. So how do you do this, by following the required steps go sealing a diamond painting? This article will discuss the helpful steps and processes to effectively getting a diamond painting all sealed up!
Why do you need to seal a diamond painting?
Regardless of the hours you’ve put in to ensure that your work arrives at perfection, you must still understand that you aren’t done yet. How? Every diamond painting work requires that you further make your creation perfect. This is why you need to seal it as soon as you can. If not, you may have the drills falling off the numbered canvas as time goes on.
Also, using a good sealant helps to make your painting stiffened or inflexible. This way, it maintains a structure that enables it to stay in place for a long time.
Steps to sealing a diamond painting
Now, it’s time to look at some of the important tips to note regarding sealing a diamond painting. They include:
Tip 1 – Get your materials in place
The materials you need to get started with this process include:
- Glue (sealer glue, gloss, podge, etc.)
These items can be gotten from most diamond painting stores. When getting glue, ensure that it’s one that maintains a less clear color when dried. This way, you reduce the chances of your diamonds appearing dull.
Tip 2 – Preparation
- First, take out the bubbles that are found between each diamond. With the use of your roller, maintain a firm, gentle press onto all the sides of your diamond painting.
- Secondly, take out all the dust particles that you may find in between your diamond drills. You can achieve this by using your toothbrush in the cracks.
- Use the tweezers to get the details more refined
Tip 3 – Apply the sealant
This is the final stage! For this purpose, there are a variety of sealants that you can use to beautify your diamond painting. Let’s look at some of them below:
- Glue Sticks:this should be gently applied all over the painting. Keep adding to it until you’re satisfied with the outcome.
- Glue paste:this is done with the help of your paintbrush. Ensure to apply it generously to your painting. Avoid doing it too much as it can lessen the shine of your diamond painting.
- Spray glue: spray this up to 2 to 3 times in different sections of your painting.
If you read to this point, it means that you are fully aware of how to go about sealing your diamond paint. You mustn’t neglect the part where you have dust your painting as often as possible. This is mostly done if the cracks have been exposed for a long time. Also, note that this process of sealing should be repeated for 3 years.